School Lunch Program Volunteer
Every child deserves a healthy lunch.
Squamish Helping Hands Society is seeking volunteers to help us distribute lunches in the schools to kids in need.
How it Works
We are looking for warm, friendly volunteers who can donate an hour of their day to pick lunches up from Helping Hands and bring them to the schools to hand out.
Meet new people and help give kids a nutritious lunch.
- Pick up lunches from the Helping Hands facility at 37930 Third Avenue. The lunches will already be prepared
- Drive lunches to schools
- Hand out lunches to children at the school
- Track the number of lunches given out
- Pick up milk from Nesters once a week
Hours and Days
- Commitment to a regular schedule is required for this position
- Program runs 5 days a week and or days when school is in session
- Approximately 2-3 days/week for 1 hour a day. Times may vary depending on various school lunch schedules, but lunches will need to be picked up before noon.
- On-call, back up volunteers are also required.
- Must be 18 years or older
- Driver’s Licence
- Must be able to provide own vehicle
- Able to lift and carry
- Criminal record check required