Meals on Wheels
Meals on Wheels (MOW) provides fresh, healthy, affordable meals and a friendly visit to seniors and those who cannot always prepare meals for themselves (due to age, illness, disability, difficulty managing meal preparation, low energy, etc.)
- Each meal is $5.00 and includes an entrée, daily soup, daily bread, and desert. Meals are made in house at Under One Roof and are low in sodium and low in sugar.
- You have the option of meals on Mondays or Thursdays or both, delivered between 2-4 p.m. by our friendly volunteer drivers. Clients must be home during delivery time as we cannot leave meals unattended. Volunteers are happy to chat with you!
- We use reusable containers, therefore ask clients to rinse them after use, and the volunteer driver will pick them up when they deliver your next meal. We will sanitize them properly in our commercial kitchen.
- There’s an initial trial period of two weeks that clients must sign up for. After this period, you may choose to renew the meals or opt out of the services.
- An invoice will be sent the first week of the month for the meals received the previous month. We accept credit, debit, cheques, pre-authorized debit, and e-transfers for payment
- We can accommodate certain dietary restrictions such as diabetic, low sodium, dairy-free. We are not able to modify specific ingredients due to preferences. At this stage of the program, you will receive meals without prior notice of what the meal is.
For more information about the program, eligibility, and registration, please contact:
Meals on Wheels Program Coordinator