COVID-19 Safety Plan
Squamish Helping Hands is an essential service provider in the community. Operations have been adapted to abide by guidelines provided by the Provincial Health Authority.
Measures taken include:
- Programming, meetings and events that require the gathering of more than 5 people have been suspended
- Participant screening for symptoms
- As much as possible, Squamish Helping Hands is practicing physical distancing of 2 meters between individuals.
- When physical distancing is not possible, staff are employing the use of Personal Protective Equipment
- Dine-in meal service has been suspended and Squamish Helping Hands is providing meals to-go at a food pick up window.
- In collaboration with the Squamish Food Bank, Squamish Helping Hands has moved to delivery-based food hamper program, though some hampers are picked up. Hampers contain both perishables and non-perishables so that clients do not need to travel to multiple agencies.
- Drop-in Services at the Firehouse location are limited to 2 people at a time.
- Staff and volunteers are encouraged to clean and disinfect their workspace at least twice a day and if workstations are shared, staff should disinfection between each use.
Updated July 6, 2020