Community Programs And Solutions
We are a 24/7 Emergency Shelter and a day time Drop-in Centre offering safe refuge to adults in the Sea to Sky Corridor who are homeless or at risk of homelessness.
The shelter offers a 15 bed overnight program and drop-in service. The shelter serves a nutritious lunch and dinner everyday, and provides all day snacks as well as bathroom, shower and laundry facilities.
Also available to our participants are internet and phone service, homeless outreach, resource and referrals, in addition to regular access to Public Health nurses and Mental Health practitioners.
As we support our participants towards independence we offer case planning services, support groups along with an opportunity to socialize and belong to a vibrant and caring community.
37930 Third Avenue, behind the Squamish Public Library
7 days a week
10:30 am to 8:00 pm
9:00 am to 8:00 pm
The following services are available:
- 2 hot nutritious meals daily served by staff and volunteers
- Lunch 12:00 – 1:00 pm
- Dinner 5:00 – 6:00 pm
- All-day coffee and snacks
- Phone and internet
- Bathroom, showers, and laundry
- Income tax filing
- Support groups/group activities
- Clothing, shoes, boots, toiletries, survival items, and other items as they are donated from the community
- Supportive staff
- Outside service, program referrals
- Case Workers Services that help participants with: goal setting, information and assistance regarding finding permanent homes, information and assistance applying for other social services such as Income Assistance, BC ID, Birth Certificates etc., referrals to detox and recovery, social skills development, along with simple caring and support
- Community, a sense of family
- Links to homeless outreach
- Onsite public and mental health nurses
- Resource and referral
- Haircuts and manicures, as available from volunteer aestheticians
Our qualified homeless outreach workers are connected with community and our homeless residents. They are trained in resources and how to help guide our residents in crisis to connect with programs and services that that help. Our team is caring and effective, and always show heart and treat our participants with dignity and respect.