As we continue to grow amidst and beyond the COVID-19 pandemic, we hope to be able to make the Market into a space for gathering, eating, and learning - reimagining what a community “Food Bank” can and should look like. In leaving behind the notion of “food charity”, and move towards “food justice”, we have created a space in which all are welcome, and where people and planet are aligned. An abundance of food is recovered, repurposed and shared, and our community is fed, freely and well.
- Daily pick up of perishables and non-perishables from local grocers
- the "Market" open 6 days a week, providing a huge increase in accessibility to food, and greater access to fresher, healthier food
- 30,000 lbs of food rescued each month
- 1032 Market Visits each month
- 345 Market Members
- 212 Hampers delivered each month
- 2335 Hot Meals served each month
- 3893 School Meals provided each month
- NEW in 2021: Meals on Wheels! Now delivering healthy, hot meals to seniors and folks unable to access Under One Roof
Huge thanks to the Sea to Sky Gondola who loaned us Chefs! They were part of our kitchen team through to spring.
In the Kitchen, Chef Venita uses as much rescued food as possible to create delicious and healthy meals for the community.
"I want to make food that nourishes the soul and provides a sense of homeiness."
Currently only 11% of our rescued food goes into the organics pick up.
"That soup was so-o-o good, and tasty. Chicken was tender & fingerlicking good. Yams much better than fries!"- Meals on Wheels eater